Volume 15, Issue 1 (vol.15-2 2009)                   Intern Med Today 2009, 15(1): 15-19 | Back to browse issues page

XML Persian Abstract Print

Download citation:
BibTeX | RIS | EndNote | Medlars | ProCite | Reference Manager | RefWorks
Send citation to:

Nemati M, Nosratinia H, Asefi S. Angiographic findings of Arterial injuries in extremity Trauma. Intern Med Today 2009; 15 (1) :15-19
URL: http://imtj.gmu.ac.ir/article-1-521-en.html
1- , nematimasoud1@yahoo.com
Abstract:   (10815 Views)
Background and Aim: Nowadays traumatic injuries are the third cause of mortality in human societies and vascular injury as a main part of them are one of the main problems in medicine. Tissue ischemia resulted from vascular injuries is an emergency and if it continues irreversible ischemia and damage will result after 6 hours. In vascular injuries, early diagnosis and treatment is very important. Since the causes, types and resulting damages are different in our country from developed countries, we designed this study to compare these factors based on angiography which is the method of choice in vascular injuries. Materials and methods: In this descriptive – analytical study, 75 patients with vascular injuries were studied by angiography in Imam Khomeini Hospital of Tabriz during 12 months. Results: 94.7% of our patients were male and remaining 5.3% were female. The most common cause of trauma in this study was traffic accidents (93.3%) and the most common site of trauma was leg (62.2%) and associated fracture was detected in 86.75% of cases. The most common fracture was double fracture of leg (55.4%). The most common injured artery was anterior tibial artery (36%) and the most common type of vascular injuries was complete arterial occlusion (62.7%). Conclusion: Vascular injuries were more common in young males than the other groups and the most common cause was blunt trauma specially motorcycle accidents.
Full-Text [PDF 242 kb]   (3414 Downloads)    
Type of Study: Original | Subject: Internal Medicine
Received: 2009/07/7 | Published: 2009/04/15

Rights and permissions
Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.

© 2023 CC BY-NC 4.0 | Internal Medicine Today

Designed & Developed by : Yektaweb